Open Service Positions at RSC
GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGIONAL SERVICE COMMITTEE
The following position remains open as of 2/13/2022:
Open Advisory Board Committee (ABC) Positions:
Advisory Board Committee (ABC) Secretary
Qualifications for Advisory Board Committee (ABC) Secretary:
- Suggested minimum three (3) years clean time.
- Prior NA service experience on the group, area, and regional levels.
- Time and resources necessary to fulfill the commitment.
- Sound understanding of the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts, and the Guide to Local Services.
- Business or organizational experience outside of NA.
- Basic clerical or office skills.
- Free from any theft related felony convictions for the past five (5) years.
Duties of Advisory Board Committee (ABC) Secretary:
- Conduct ABC meetings in the absence of the Chair and Co-chair.
- Keep accurate minutes of ABC meetings and distribute them to participants.
- Keep corporate archives of all RSC and former RSO minutes, corporate correspondence and files, audio recordings of meetings, copies of the Articles of
- Incorporation, bylaws, policies and procedures, and employee files. The archive shall be maintained at the principal office of GPRS, Inc.
- Bear the Corporate Seal.
- Exercise all other powers or duties granted by the RCMs.
Open Sub-Committee Positions:
Clean Sheet Chair, Literature Review Chair, and Meeting List Chair
Duties Of The Sub-Committee Chairperson:
- Attends all Regional Service Committee meetings, or sends a representative of the committee when unable to attend.
- Facilitates Sub-Committee meetings.
- Establishes lines of communications with the appropriate WSC/NAWS Inc. personnel and other Areas and Regions.
- Is sensitive to the needs of the groups, areas, local community, the region and NA as a whole.
- Forms working relationships within the Sub-Committee.
- Performs administrative duties such as typing, copying, files etc. (unless subcommittee has a secretary)
- Establishes and coordinates bank account and makes it known to the region. This applies to GPRS Inc., and GPRCNA only.
- Attends all Joint Administrative Committee meetings.
- Prepares monthly line-by-line financials as well as works with JAC and the RSC Treasurer to produce annual unified budgets.
- Serves as point of contact on subcommittee credit account with GPRS, Inc.
Qualifications Of A Sub-Committee Chairperson:
- A suggested minimum of three (3) years of continuous clean time.
- The exception being the GPRCNA Chairperson and GPRS, Inc. Advisory Chair which is five (5) years.
- Prior NA service experience on an Area or Regional Sub-Committee.
- Time and resources to fulfill the commitment.
- Good working knowledge of the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts and Guide to Local Services.
- Good organizational and communication skills needed to chair meetings and submit reports.
- Must NOT be an active Regional Committee Member.
Please refer to current Policy for more information on Duties and Qualifications for open positions: Regional Committee and Sub-Committee Policies