POLICY COMMITTEE GUIDELINES:
a. The purpose of the policy committee is to develop and maintain the guidelines of the Greater Philadelphia Regional Service Committee.
b. The guidelines should include the following:
- A description of the regional service committee.
- Purpose and scope of the regional committee services.
- Define the functions and responsibilities of its participants, officers and sub-committees and GPRS, Inc.
- Incorporate the principles of the Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts and the Guide to Local Service.
c. The duties of the Policy committee include the following:
- Will make recommendations concerning violations of the Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts within the region when it cannot be resolved at the group, area or the regional levels. The final decision will come from the NAWS, Inc. Board of Directors when deemed necessary by the region.
- Will research and seek guidance to better understand the application of the Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts as they relate to the RSC.
- The Policy Committee Chairperson will chair the regional meeting in the event of the Regional Chairperson or Co-Chairperson’s absence.
- Will evaluate the validity of personal grievances filed against the RSC and present those deemed in order to the RSC.
- The Policy Chair shall assist the RSC Chair by acting as a resource on regional policy and rules of procedure.