- The primary purpose of the Phoneline Committee is to get the prospective newcomer to an NA meeting. This committee provides and maintains a telephone number of a helpline, hotline or infoline for the addict and/or public to reach Narcotics Anonymous.
- The duties of the Phoneline Committee include:
- Providing a list of volunteers to answer the phoneline and to take Twelfth Step calls.
- Facilitating contact between the addict calling an answering service to the recovering addict.
- Providing the times, places and locations of NA meetings throughout the region.
- Assisting the efforts of the Public Information and Hospitals & Institutions Committees by answering questions about NA and responding to requests for NA services.
- Providing frequent workshops to train phoneline volunteers on how to answer a phoneline call.
Download the Current Phone Line Manual: